01 August 2008

Helmet IV

Finally got the helmet, an Arai Chaser in black. It is really comfortable and came with an anti-fog pinlock insert which surprised me. I'll me keeping my old RDM helmet (pictured right) in case of emergencies, but as said before in a previous post, it isn't comfortable for long trips. The Chaser is really soft on the forehead where the RDM is very hard, although will have to wait and see what the Arai is like on a long trip as I haven't had to use it yet. All I can say is that you do get what you pay for (to a point) and the sub-£100 helmets just can't compete in terms of comfort. If anyone is getting into riding a bike but isn't sure they will like it, then go for a cheap lid. Once you are sure and have some miles under your belt I would strongly suggest that you look into getting a higher quality lid. The RDM done its job for me but I am glad I have got something more comfortable.

No comments: