23 December 2010

Arai Helmet pod removal

With the inclement weather I took the opportunity to give my Arai helmet a good cleaning. As I wanted to give the helmet a mini service I needed to get the side pods off of the helmet. For those who don't have Arai helmets the side pods cover the workings of the visor. It isn't immediately obvious how to get them off. So a quick search on the Internet came up with a corker of a YouTube clip:


This makes it really clear on how to remove them and re-install them. Why take them off? On one side when I had mine off there was a small collections of bugs (eww).

Another clip (from the same guys) shows what to do if when you put the pods back on and they don't go exactly right.


Overall a great guide if you want to get the pods off for a complete clean. It also helped me understand how the visor actually works, now I am much better at putting the visor back on because of it. That said when I come to replace the helmet I will be going for another brand. The visor system is a complete pain in the backside, not to mention I feel that the pods actually increase the amount of wind noise, although that is only my opinion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Arai Chaser is also very aero dynamic. It minimizes its frontal side; reducing the wind drag and making your experience feel more natural. Beyond this, it also has very useful vents spanning the entire helmet, meaning that your poor head is not going to roast on some of the hotter days under the hot sun! Another great benefit of the Arai Chaser is that it is very comfortable. It has removable inner cushioning, so that you can put either more or less cushioning inside in order to get the best fit possible for your head and face size and shape. Beyond this, the chin strap is also very comfortable, increasing even more the feeling of security that it brings to you.
buy arai corsair v