06 October 2008

Tail pack and tank bag

Having used the bike for a couple of weekend jaunts, I was putting the stuff I needed to carry into a backpack then securing it to the pillion seat with a couple of bungy cords. Not the most elegant solution. Last week I got a promotional email from Busters for a reduced price tail pack. It is a Tech7 bag reduced from £39.99 to £14.99. While I was playing with my bike on Saturday, putting in the new gasket, I popped it onto the seat to check the fit. Not too bad. My only comment is the bag itself is HEAVY, coming in at 1.6kg on its own with a max 5kg for anything in it. So it isn't a light thing, but is reasonably big on the inside, with enough room to lay a 6-pint bottle of milk (from Tesco!) in the bottom. Should be enough to carry a weekends worth of clothing. As an aside it will also snugly fit a 5l petrol can if you so desire!

Bless her, my mother also brought me a tank bag from Lidl (I believe). Haven't got that yet from her, but will be interesting to see how it fits onto the bike. My main thing I am looking for with that is to hold my phone in, so that I can see the screen when it is in GPS mode.

No comments: